Looking for Great Family Fun? Find it in the Branches at the Festival of Trees!
With the holiday season approaching quickly and the nights turning cooler with hopes of snow in the forecast, browse the wonderland of holiday trees and decorations at the Festival of Trees November 25th and 26th held in the Heritage Hall located at the Garrett County Fairgrounds. Open each day from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and a only small admission fee of $5.00 per person, there are activities and sites for all ages! Tickets may be purchased using PayPal online.
All of these activities are free with your $5.00 admission:
- Frosty’s Funland – Children activities!
- Santa’s Bakery – Cookie decorating!
- Face Painting
- Photos with Santa
- Craft Tables – Decorate your own crafts!
- Elfenheim Mall – Children will be delighted to purchase gifts for their friends and family at $1.00 per gift!
With so many events planned both days, no one will be bored!
- Breakfast with Santa – Friday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 10:00 am each day. For $5.00 extra ($10.00 total with admission included), enjoy a full breakfast of meat, eggs, juice, fruit, and sweet rolls with the jolly man himself. Tea and coffee will be available. Receive a gift and a balloon, and take a photo memory with Santa Clause! Email your RSVP today for this exciting and magical experience.
- SuGO Robotics – Friday and Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. This interactive demonstration will take place near Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen – Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm | Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. A wonderful selection of holiday foods and drinks.
- Local Vendors – Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm | Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Browse and purchase the creative gifts on display.
- Make Your Own Sundae – Friday 12:00 Noon to 3:00 pm | Saturday 1:00 pm until the ice cream runs out. For an extra $3.00, enjoy the famous Lakeside Creamery’s homemade ice cream with the toppings of your choice. Yum! Be careful of brain freeze!
- Silent Auction Tables – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm | Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Place your bid on the sheets provided at each item. The auction ends on Saturday at 4:00 pm where the winners will be announced. Please include your phone number on your entries to be contacted if you win.
The Grand Finale begins Saturday at 4:00 pm. Admission will become free while Santa Clause and his friends will be leaving to return to the North Pole.
- Cash Bar – Saturday starting at 5:00 pm. Make your donation by participating in the cash bar open to the public.
- Food Buffet – Saturday starting at 5:30 pm. Complimentary food will be available for people with a bid number only.
- Live Auction – Saturday starting at 6:00 pm. Bid on your favorites!
This annual event benefits a very important organization in the Deep Creek Lake area. The Dove Center has been assisting people whose lives have been affected by domestic violence or sexual assault. Some of the services they provide are individual and group counseling, a 24/7 emergency help-line and available safe shelter, and free 911 cell phones for victims.
Deep Creek Lodging Company and Railey Realty are proud to announce we will be sponsoring and decorating a tree! Join in the excitement of the live auction on Saturday at 6:00 pm and bid on our tree or any of your favorite wreaths, centerpieces, and other holiday decor and gifts. This is an easy and fun way to start your holiday gift shopping while supporting a beneficial local charity. Look for our “Rustic Holiday Experience” tree with the “Deep Creek” ornaments! If you are lucky enough to win one of the beautiful trees, free local delivery is provided. What a delightful way to quickly decorate your Deep Creek Lake vacation home.
Deep Creek Lodging Company still has homes available for the Thanksgiving Holiday! Place your reservation today and stay at Deep Creek Lake during the Festival of Trees. Please contact one of our knowledgeable reservationist for additional details.