Confused about any of the terms used on our website? We’re here to help!
- Lake Front – This is a property that borders Deep Creek Lake and provides access to the water front. These properties also have access to a boat dock. The boat dock can be either private, shared, or a single slip. Each property is different; please consult the property page for more details or ask one of our reservationists.
- Split Lake Front – This is considered a lake front property, however, a road separates the property from the lake front area. Please be cautious when crossing the roadway to reach the lake front area.
- Lake Access – This is a property that offers specific access to the water front and may or may not have a boat slip. Each property is different; please consult the property page for more details or ask one of our reservationists.
- Wisp Ski Area – These properties are adjacent to Wisp Resort. These properties may have ski-in/ski-out privileges or are just a short drive to the ski slopes and all the other amenities Wisp offers.
- Ski-In/Ski-Out – These properties are directly adjacent to one or more Wisp ski slopes. This offers the advantage of being on the slopes in a few minutes without riding a lift chair first. Please note you must have a valid Wisp ski pass to utilize any of the slopes.
- Lake Area – These properties surround the Deep Creek Lake resort area without water front access or a boat dock usage. These homes offer the mountain feel, while being close to everything.
- Private Boat Dock – This is a private and dedicated boat dock to a certain property that is not shared with any other properties.
- Boat Slip – A boat slip is usually found in a common dock system where numerous docks are joined together. Each property has one slip for a boat and it will be clearly marked. Other types of a boat slip for properties may be:
- Shared Boat Dock – This is a dedicated boat dock that services two or more properties. Each property sharing the boat dock will have one specific slip.
- Day Boat Slip – This boat dock is available to dock a boat only during certain times and does not allow for overnight usage.
- Common Lake Front Area – Properties that are in a community may have a private water front area that can be used by anyone staying in that particular community. Each community offers different amenities; please visit our communities page for more details.
- Pet Friendly – Properties that are pet friendly allow your furry friends to vacation with you for an additional charge. Each property is different, so please consult the property page for more details or ask one of our reservationists.
- Sleeps – This is the total number of people that may occupy the property.
- Central Air Conditioning (AC) – Air conditioning is provided through a cooling system for the entire property and is controlled by a thermostat.
- Air Conditioning (AC) Units – Our properties have two different types:
- Window Air Conditioning (AC) Unit – Air conditioning is provided through a unit that fits into a window and cools a certain area of the property.
- Floor Air Conditioning (AC) Unit – Air conditioning is provided through a freestanding unit that may or may not be moved as needed and cools a certain area of the property.
Please contact us or call us at 301-387-7777 for additional information.